1. Data collection and uses
A. The data we collect
• Data provided by users to arego®, such as during account creation
• Data created during use of our services, such as location
The following data is collected:
I. Data provided by users. This includes
User profile: We collect data when users create or update their arego® accounts. This may
include their name, email, phone number, login name and password.
User content: Users may provide information about vehicles and drivers that are part of their
fleet and staff. We collect information about the rides that are planned using arego®, which
may include the time, pick up and drop off locations of a ride. Additionally, we enable users to
keep records of their customer files, which may include the name, address and phone number
of customers, as well as any special requirements they might have.
II. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
Location data (driver): When enabled, arego® collects this data when the app is running in
the foreground or in the background of their mobile devices.
Communications data and audio recordings: We enable users to communicate with each
other through the app using speech messages. For example, we enable drivers to report a
delay of their arrival to their organization.
B. How we use personal data
arego® collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation and delivery. We
also use the date we collect:
• For customer support
• To enable communications between users
• To assist in ride assignment and planning in an automated way
arego® does not sell or share user personal data with third parties.
arego® uses the data it collects for purposes including:
I. Providing services and features. arego® uses the data we collect to provide, personalize,
maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the data to:
• Create and update users’ accounts.
• Enable transportation and deliveries.
• Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate financial solutions in connection with our services.
• Track or share the progress of rides or deliveries.
• Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as ETA and
location with members or their organization.
• Enable features to personalize user’s arego® accounts, such as creating favorite places and
regular customers, or provide quick access to previous destinations.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshoot software
bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing and research; and to monitor
and analyze usage and activity trends.
II. Customer support. arego® uses the information we collect to provide customer support,
• Investigate and address user concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
III. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis,
product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to
develop new features and improve our products.
IV. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message their
organization to confirm a pick up location.
V. Marketing. arego® may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This
includes sending users communications about arego® services, features, promotions, studies,
surveys, news, updates, and events.
VI. Non-marketing communications. arego® may use the data we collect to inform them of
changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the
purpose of marketing the services or products of arego®.
VII. Automated decision-making. We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to
the use of our services. This includes:
• Matching available drivers to customers requesting services. Users can be matched based on
availability, proximity, and other factors.
• Using driver location information to proactively warn scheduling personnel of possible delays or
C. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of arego® ’s features enable sharing data with other users at a user’s request.
I. With other users. This includes sharing:
• A customer’s name and phone number with drivers.
• Vehicle information, such as make and license plate number, with drivers.
• A ride’s pick up and drop off location, as well as its time, with the driver assigned to it.
• A driver’s current location and ETA to members of the driver’s organization responsible for
II. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
arego® may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation,
operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is
otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
III. With consent.
arego® may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user
and they consent to the sharing.
arego® does not sell or share any data with third parties.
D. Data retention and deletion
arego® retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. arego® may retain user data after a
deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for the reasons stated in this policy.
arego® retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means
that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the category
of user to whom the data relates, the type of data, and the purposes for which we collected the
Users may request deletion of their account at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include
processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of
arego®’s legitimate interest, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
I. To provide requested services and features. In order to provide our services, we must
collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
• User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts.
• Driver and delivery person location data, which we use to track rides and assist with
• Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance arego®’s services,
including to connect schedulers and drivers
• Information relating to customer support
F. Choice and transparency
arego® enables users to access and control the data that arego® collects, including through:
• In-app settings
• Device permissions
I. Privacy Settings
Settings menus in the arego® app gives users the ability to set or update their location-sharing
preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from arego®.
• Location data: arego® uses a driver’s device location services to assist schedulers in the task
of planning upcoming rides and in order to automatically assign the most suitable driver to a
specific ride or to suggest such an assignment.
• Notifications: arego® provides users with schedule issue notifications and reminders if a
scheduled ride has not been started in time, amongst others. Some notifications are a
necessary part of the arego® app and can not be individually disabled. However, notifications
may be disabled altogether using the appropriate device settings
II. Device Permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that
apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different
methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the
arego® app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to
grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the arego® app
seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact email@example.com